Dear Lake Lovers!
More trees are coming White Rock Lake Park! This fall, trees will be planted at the Big Thicket. But first, volunteers are needed to clear out invasive plants like privet and bamboo to make room for the new trees.
Volunteer to help with site preparation and you can be part of the Nov. 9th tree planting event. Volunteers will gather at 7:30am at the Big Thicket located at 430 E. Lawther Drive. Help needed includes:
- Teams to remove bamboo and cut privet back to a height of two feet and drag off debris.
- Volunteers to pick up trash and recycling.
- Volunteers to run drinks to the cutting and trash pick up teams.
- Photographers (2 people)
- Placing & gathering yard signs prior to site prep date.
Signs will be placed at:
- - N. Buckner between Mockingbird Ln. & Northcliff (section of Loop 12)
- - E. Lawther between Mockingbird Ln. entrance & Bath House (within WRL Park)
The Peninsula Neighborhood Association will provide lunch for volunteers who help with site preparation.
For more info about November 9th, see reTREEt's event posting.